Terms and conditions
The term ‘gloopy.co.uk’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 19 Fettiplace Road, Witney, Oxfordshire, OX28 5AP. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
1. Repairs are carried out at the owners risk and Gloopy cannot be liable for any underlying faults that manifest itself as a result of a repair being carried out, All faults on the item must be made clear before repair commences as we will not be held responsible for item faults we are not told about at the time of booking in the repair, Once you sign the disclaimer on the repair booking receipt or make a repair service purchase via our website you are are agreeing to these conditions completely.
2. Liquid damage repairs carry no warranty whatsoever and require payment up front, successful or not. SOME LIQUID DAMAGED PHONES APPEAR TO BE WORKING, THIS IS DUE TO CORROSION ON THE COMPONENTS (RESISTORS) WHEN THE COMPONENTS (RESISTORS) ARE SHORTING TOGETHER, THE ENGINEER CLEANS THE BOARD IT MAY REMOVE THE SHORT CIRCUIT AND MAY RESULT IN THE HANDSET NO LONGER POWERING UP AT ALL. MOST MOBILE PHONE MANUFACTURERS DO NOT ENTERTAIN ANY FORM OF REPAIR ON LIQUID DAMAGED HANDSETS.
3. THE SERVICE AND THE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED BY Gloopy ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, AND Gloopy EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE OR ANY MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS.
4. IN NO EVENT SHALL Gloopy BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE, THE MATERIALS PARTS AND THE PRODUCTS.
5. Gloopy does not accept liability for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties arising out of the use of the Gloopy for any products or services purchased from Gloopy.
5.1 Any data or information that you may have stored on the Equipment shall remain your sole responsibility and we accept no liability for loss or corruption of such data howsoever caused. It is your responsibility to keep a record of any such data.
6. We shall notify you when the Equipment has been repaired or is un-repairable and is available for collection. If you do not collect the Equipment within 60 days, we will dispose of the Equipment. Any sum obtained on disposal will be used to meet any unpaid estimate or repair charges you are liable to pay and any remaining balance will be sent to you or will remain payable by you accordingly.
Gloopy will only be liable for direct loss up to a maximum total of the price of the product or service purchased in respect of any claim. (NO FIX NO FEE)
The owner of this web site is Gloopy whose Registered office is 19 Fettiplace Road, Witney, Oxfordshire, OX28 5AP.
Your contract for purchases made through this web site is with Gloopy, and you undertake that any and all goods ordered by you are for your own private and domestic use only.
You agree that e-mail can be used as a long-distance means of communication.
No contract for the sale of any product will subsist between you and Gloopy unless and until Gloopy accepts your order by way of an e-mail confirming that it has received payment in full for all the goods you have ordered.
That acceptance will be deemed complete and will be deemed for all purposes to have been effectively communicated to you at the time Gloopy sends the e-mail to you (whether or not you receive that e-mail).
This confirmation e-mail amounts to an acceptance by Gloopy of your offer to buy goods from Gloopy or a 3rd party supplier that is engaged on your behalf by Gloopy.
This confirmatory e-mail will contain all relevant statutory information concerning your contract.
The confirmatory e-mail will also contain a link to these terms and conditions, and may be amended in accordance with paragraph 32 below from time to time.
You must check that the details on this confirmatory e-mail are correct as soon as possible and you should print out and keep a copy of it.
Gloopy will not pass on your personal details to any third party.
You undertake that all details you provide to Gloopy for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods or services are correct, that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods or services ordered.
If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform Gloopy as soon as possible.
Your statutory rights are not affected (in particular see below as to your rights to withdraw from the contract) but otherwise all purchases are non-exchangeable, non-refundable and non-transferable.
You may cancel your order at any time prior to your order being processed by clicking on the ‘Cancel’ link next to the product ordered on your account page on the website. We can also accept cancellations by post or by calling 0845 862 9999 during normal office hours.
You may also withdraw from the contract at any time after the product has been dispatched and you have received our email confirming your order but no later than 7 working days from the day after you receive the product by:
12.1 Sending the notice of cancellation by post to the address listed below or calling the office.
12.2 Where you have already received the goods, returning the goods to Gloopy unopened together with the original invoice within 7 working days from the date that you received the goods.
Gloopy will then refund you the purchase price of the goods.
Once Gloopy receive notification from you that you wish to withdraw from the contract (in accordance with these terms) any sum debited to Gloopy from your credit card in relation to your order will be re-credited to that credit card account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order provided that the goods you wish to return are received by Gloopy in the condition that they were in when delivered to you.
This Liability section applies only to the extent permitted by law. For the avoidance of doubt, Gloopy do not exclude or limit any liability for (a) personal injury (including sickness and death) where such injury results from Gloopy negligence or wilful default, or that of Gloopy employees, agents or subcontractors or (b) fraudulent misrepresentation.
Gloopy does not accept liability (except as set out below) for any errors and omissions and reserve the right to change information, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services.
Gloopy will do its best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, Gloopy IS PROVIDING THIS WEB SITE AND ITS CONTENTS ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND MAKES NO (AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL) REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THIS WEB SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED IN THIS SITE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN ADDITION, Gloopy DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE VIA THIS WEB SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT.
In the unlikely event that you receive goods which were not what you ordered or which are damaged or defective, or are of a different quantity to that stated on your order form, Gloopy shall, at its own option, make good any shortage or non-delivery, replace or repair any damaged or defective goods, or refund to you the amount you paid for the goods in question PROVIDED THAT you notify Gloopy of the problem in writing at the address stated in the confirmation e-mail within 10 working days of delivery of the goods. NOTHING IN THIS CLAUSE AFFECTS YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS.
Gloopy do not accept liability for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties arising out of the use of the Gloopy website or for any products or services purchased from the Gloopy.
Gloopy will only be liable for direct loss up to a maximum total of the price of the product or service purchased in respect of any claim.
All electrical products are covered by a 12 month manufacturer’s warranty. If your product develops a fault while under warranty, please contact Gloopy and we will advise you where to send it for repair. It is a “return to base” warranty therefore there will be a delivery charge to return the product back to the relevant UK service centre.
Processing of orders.
Credit and Debit cards are debited when you first place the order from Gloopy. All prices include sales taxes (where applicable) unless otherwise stated. Shipping is charged on a weight basis, and can be altered at any time without notice.
Gloopy aim to arrange shipment of all in stock items within 48 hours of receiving your order. Your order may be delayed if the item is not in stock with our suppliers. Some items may be unavailable and the current stock status is approximate. Gloopy is not able to supply dates our suppliers may get an item in stock.
You can keep track of your order status yourself on-line with the order tracking facility on your account page. Our standard Returns Policy applies to all purchases from Gloopy.
The period stated within which you will receive your order is approximate. Goods will be sent to the address given by you in your order and stated in the Order Confirmation. Please note that your goods may be sent to you in instalments.
Title to any product ordered will pass to you once Gloopy has received payment in full for that product.
If your delivery address is outside of the U.K. you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Any such additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you. You should note that customs policies vary widely from country to country; Gloopy advises each customer to contact their local customs office for further information.
From time to time Gloopy may engage a 3rd party to fulfil orders, a contract for the sale of these products will be made between the 3rd party supplier and yourself.
Please note that when shipping products internationally you should be aware that cross-border shipments are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit card to order. Anyone caught wilfully entering an erroneous or fictitious order will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Gloopy uses FRAUD CHECKING METHODS to track the electronic ‘fingerprints’ of every order placed on Gloopy to enable them and us and all legitimate crime prevention and prosecution authorities to trace individual users engaging in criminal activities on our website.
Gloopy may amend these terms and conditions from time to time, and place the new version on the website. When Gloopy does so, Gloopy will mention the fact on our home page (www.gloopy.co.uk). All purchases from the date that the amended terms are placed on our website onwards will be governed by those new terms.
These terms and conditions shall apply when Gloopy accepts your order by e-mail confirming that it has received payment in full for all the goods you have ordered. They shall supersede any and all other conditions, understandings, commitments, agreements or representations (except fraudulent misrepresentations) relating to your purchase, whether oral or in writing, and contain the entire agreement between Gloopy and you relating to your purchase.
Gloopy advises that you print off and keep safe a copy of these terms and conditions once your order has been accepted by Gloopy.
You are advised to read (and are responsible for reading) all information on this website fully.
If any of these terms are held to be invalid or unenforceable, those terms will be struck out and the other terms remain.
These terms and conditions are subject to the laws of the United Kingdom, and will be held up to the fullest extent of the law.